Fiji Sports

I did not resign: Buzzeti

Written By : CHRISTOPHER CHAND . The Fiji Football council has made a unanimous decision to terminate national soccer coach Juan Carlos Buzzetti and development officer Farouk Janeman following their
02 Feb 2009 12:00

Written By : CHRISTOPHER CHAND . The Fiji Football council has made a unanimous decision to terminate national soccer coach Juan Carlos Buzzetti and development officer Farouk Janeman following their meeting in Nadi over the weekend.
Fiji FA boss Shamsudean Sahu Khan could not be reached for a comment yesterday.
It is believed the two have been asked to resign failing which they will be sacked.
Carlos Buzzetti directed all questions to Fiji FA boss Sahu Khan.
Buzzetti said he had no comment to make and was spending time with his family in Ba.
“Any comments at all you need to talk to Sahu Khan. I did not resign. Why do I have to resign? I can’t say anything at all,” Buzzetti told SunSports in Ba yesterday.
An emotional Farouk Janeman was almost in tears yesterday.
Janeman said he would call a press conference once he had received his termination letter.
“I want to reserve my comments till I get the letter,” Janeman said.
Sources close to Fiji FA have revealed that the soccer house would need to go through Buzzetti’s contract before a final decision can be made while Janeman’s termination letter was to have been faxed to his office by 4pm yesterday.
It is believed compensation would have to be handed to bring a premature end to Buzzetti’s four year term which expires in 2010.
Ba soccer boss Rishi Kumar said they suggested to give Buzzetti another chance during the council meeting but that was to no avail.
“Only Ba and Nadi asked to retain Buzzetti while the others were against it,” Kumar said.
“From my own point of view I think Fiji FA has made a wrong decision and they will lose a top coach. He found Roy Krishna and he has a strategic plan. In the end the only local coach to take over from Buzzetti was Janeman.”
Labasa soccer president Abinesh Kumar said the termination of Buzzetti and Janeman was pre planned and only brought to the council for approval.
“I think it was planned beforehand and only brought up to the council,” Kumar said.
Navua soccer boss Anil Sharma said “the decision was made by the council and that’s all.”
Fiji FA boss Sahu Khan allegedly fired questions regarding development and the national U-17 side at Buzzetti and Janeman at the council on Sunday.
Khan is expected to leave for Zurich today where he will meet with FIFA regarding their goal project.
Janeman was slammed for failing to call a camp for the national U-17 side in August.
The two were later asked to leave the meeting before the council moved the motion to sack the pair.
Buzzetti had replaced Lee Sterrey as national coach in 2006 while Janeman had been with Fiji FA for 14 years.




Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper
error: