Chicken Paprika @ Chicken & More
Another wine and dine outlet recently opened its doors at Nadi Town.
Chicken & More Restaurant, trading under Food Hub Limited, is the newest eatery in the town.
The company has two restaurants under one roof.
They boast a variety of chicken, duck, lamb, goat, seafood, and vegetable dishes.
Restaurant: Chicken & More is situated at Sagayam Road.
Chef: Senior chef and manager Ashneel Rahul Nair, 24.
Experience: He joined Sitar Restaurant and 2009 before joining the Food Hub in March.
Background: Born and bred in Nasoso, Nadi.
He started his culinary skills while studying at Swami Vivekananda College. Food and Nutrition was his best subject while in Year 11 and 12.
He attained a certificate in Basic and Intermediate Cookery at the Fiji National University after high school before joining Sitar Restaurant.
RECIPE: Meal: Chicken Paprika
Ingredients: 25g Capsicum, 50g chicken breast, 25g carrot, 25g onion, 5g salt, 5g pepper, 5ml oil, 5ml red wine, 2g garlic, 10ml oyster sauce, 10 oyster sauce, 10g flour (normal), 5ml sweet chili sauce.
- Cut the chicken into cubes size, mix with flour and water to coat the chicken
- After coating, fry the chicken in a deep fryer for two (2) minutes
- Heat the wok, pour oil in with garlic to turn golden brown
- Add vegetables and add chicken, stir them nicely and make vegetables half cook
- Then add pepper, sugar, and stir fry nicely
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and wine.
- Then add salt to taste
- Serve it hot with rice
- Depends on customer choice either be mild, medium or hot.
This meal pairs well with wine – goes down well with Merlot.