Weather Fiji, Suva   Max 30°C, Min 23°C

Fiji Sun

SUNCITY

Hospital Fits In New Laundry Chimney

Hospital Fits In New Laundry Chimney
The Colonial War Memorial Hospital management have replaced the old chimney at the laundry.
August 19
10:52 2015

The Colonial War Memorial Hospital management have replaced the old chimney at the laundry.

According to the hospital’s medical superintendent, Jemesa Tudravu, the old chimney was rusty and giving out black smoke.

“We have asked the Public Works Department to fix it and they have replaced the old chimney with a brand new one, which was installed last week,” he said.

The Fiji Sun was alerted by some residents living along Brown Street who had called the office and complained of the black smoke. They said it caused problems. However, we spoke to some residents yesterday who thought otherwise.

Joseph Camillo, who has been a resident at Augustus Street for many years, said he did not see smoke coming out from the chimney to cause them any harm.

“If the smoke from the chimney was really bad than we would have moved but it’s of no harm at all,” he said.

Brown Street taxi base driver Satish Chandra had similar sentiments.

“We sit and operate from here every day. There is no problem at all. The chimney is high and the smoke goes out straight into the air and we are not affected,” he said.

Feroz Khan, who has been living in Toorak for almost seven years said he knew there was smoke coming out of the chimney but he seldom thought of it to be harmful.

“I don’t see any harm at all because the chimney is high,” he said.

Feedback:  luisa.qiolevu@fijisun.com.fj

 

Related Articles

you said it
"I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. I want to make sure that I am by her side when my first child is born."
Jasa Veremalua
Fiji Rugby 7s rep

Latest Photo Gallery

Like Us On Facebook

Fijisun Online @Instagram