Weather Fiji, Suva   Max 30°C, Min 23°C

Fiji Sun

SPORTS

Interformation Cricket Tournament

Interformation Cricket Tournament
Fiji Police Interformation Cricket at Suva Grammar Grounds this morning
September 23
12:32 2016

 

 

The Acting Commissioner Rusiate Tudravu has laid a challenge to those taking part in the first ever Fiji Police Interformation Cricket tournament to make a difference in the upcoming Ratu Sukuna Bowl Cricket competition.

 

In opening the one day tournament between the Police Blues and Police Whites, the Acting Commissioner said every year their brothers from the Republic of Fiji Military Forces were always beating the Police and he wanted 2016 to be different.

 

“Cricket being a minor sport does not mean it doesn’t receive the same recognition and following within the Force. Because when it comes to the Ratu Sukuna tournament a loss in one sport is felt by all officers and we don’t want to keep losing to our brothers from the RFMF”.

 

“We have the ability to beat them but the fact that we are always failing to record a win is something I want to change this year”.

 

The officers taking part are from various formations and Units, and a training squad will be selected to prepare for the Ratu Sukuna tournament after today’s challenge.

 

ACP Turdavu said with time on the Police’s side, there should not be any excuse to record another loss.

 

“We have a few good months ahead of us so use the preparation time wisely”.

 

“90% of the work should be done now and leading up to the day of competition so when it comes to game time you just have to give the remaining 10% because there is really not much effort to winning if you are well prepared”.
The Interformation challenge is being held at the Suva Grammar School Grounds.

Related Articles

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment

Your email address & phone number will not be published.
Required fields are marked *

you said it
"Missing Fiji already! Some of the nicest and most hospitable people I've ever met in my life! This was a part of our farewell. Totally unexpected"
Ludacris
American hip-hop artist and actor
September 2016
M T W T F S S
« Aug   Oct »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Latest Photo Gallery

Like Us On Facebook

Fijisun Online @Instagram