NEWS

Student Electrocuted

A 20-year-old student of Chevalier Training Centre in Wainadoi, Navua, died on Friday morning after he was electrocuted at the school. Police reported that the victim was electrocuted whilst cleaning
02 Nov 2014 09:42
Student Electrocuted
Chevalier Training Centre at Wainadoi in Navua. Photo: Paulini Ratulailai

A 20-year-old student of Chevalier Training Centre in Wainadoi, Navua, died on Friday morning after he was electrocuted at the school.

Police reported that the victim was electrocuted whilst cleaning the fascia-board of the building after allegedly being instructed by his teacher to do so.

The student, who is believed to be from Bua province, was staying at the school hostel.

Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the victim was conveyed to the Navua Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Constable Netani Seva of the Wainadoi Community Post said at about 10:45am two students from the school came running to the post to seek assistance.

“The student said there was no vehicle at the school to take the student to the hospital and asked if I could help them call Navua Hospital for an ambulance; we called the hospital but they said the ambulance can only take patients from one hospital to another hospital. But a vehicle had come to the school and they were able to take the student to the hospital,” Constable Seva said.

He said the case was reported to the Navua Police Station.

Ms Naisoro said a post mortem would be conducted soon, meanwhile investigations continued.

Feedback:  ana.sovaraki@fijisun.com.fj

 




Fiji Sun Instagram
Fiji Plus
Subscribe-to-Newspaper