NATION

Inferno Leaves Kula Family Homeless

A normal house clean-up day ended tragically for the Kula family of Lavusa in Nadi. This was after their three bedroom house was razed to the ground in a fire last
01 Nov 2015 10:30
Inferno Leaves Kula Family Homeless
The Kula family are temporarily living under a built tent house after their house was completely destroyed by a fire in Mavule, Lavusa in Namaka on Thursday. Photo: LUKE NACEI INSERT: The house that was completely destroyed by a fire in Mavule, Lavusa in Namaka on Thursday. Photo:Aliti Kula

A normal house clean-up day ended tragically for the Kula family of Lavusa in Nadi.

This was after their three bedroom house was razed to the ground in a fire last Thursday. Lack of parental supervision and the carelessness of the kids have been blamed as the cause of the house fire.

Housewife Aliti Kula while sharing their loss last Thursday revealed how the house caught fire.

“I was just about to go to one of my Fijian friends when I reminded the kids to clean their individual rooms and burn all the old clothes,” Ms Kula said.

“The kids did as they were told and my two sons went to the back of the house and started burning some clothes there.

She said they were throwing clothes out from their room onto a pile.

“The clothes had piled up beside the house and the strong winds blew the flames against the house and this is how the fire started.

Ms Kula also said her family could not save anything from the fire.

“My kids wanted to run back for their clothes and school books but I had to stop them as the flame had engulfed the entire three bedroom house.

“It just took minutes for the whole house to burn down,” she said.

“I would like to request the public to lend a helping hand to our family in any way they could.”

Meanwhile Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro has confirmed the case and said investigations were underway.

“The incident took place at 10.30am and it is believed the fire could have started when his children were burning old clothes outside their house and where the fire spread to their bedroom,” Ms Naisoro said.

Feedbackluke.nacei@fijisun.com.fj

 



Five Square diwali dhamaka 2021


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.


By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.


Tower Insurance
FNPF
Covid 19 - SPC
Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper