NATION

Labasa Man Dies After Electric Shock

A family at Waiwari Settlement, in Coqeloa outside Labasa Town are still in shock after their sole breadwinner, Ashneel Kumar, was electrocuted last Sunday. Wife Pritima Devi said the incident
26 Apr 2016 09:25
Labasa Man Dies  After Electric Shock
From left Pratima Devi with Ahneel daughter Rayna Kumar and Ashneel's Mother Roshni Devi standing beside the well Ashneel was electrocuted PHOTO:PENI DRAUNA

A family at Waiwari Settlement, in Coqeloa outside Labasa Town are still in shock after their sole breadwinner, Ashneel Kumar, was electrocuted last Sunday.

Wife Pritima Devi said the incident happened when Mr Kumar was trying to connect an electric wire to a motor for their well pump on Sunday night.

“We were both outside at around 6pm; I was about to wash the dishes on washing deck outside,” Ms Devi said.

She said it happened so fast when she looked at her husband he was lying on the ground.

“I thought Ashneel was fooling around so I continued washing the dishes but when I look back again I saw him still on the ground but with his mouth open,” she said.

Ms Devi said she screamed called out to her sister-in-law Ashna Devi to help take him to Coqeloa Nursing Station.

“On the Asheneel body was getting cold and on arrival and the nurses said Asheneel was dead.”

Mr Kumar was a market vendor and sells yaqona to support his family.

The funeral is scheduled for tomorrow 1.30pm at Coqeloa Cemetery.

Edited by Manasa Kalouniviti

Feedback:  jyotip@fijisun.com.fj

 


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.


By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.




Valentine Promo Poster


Tower Insurance
Total
Subscribe-to-Newspaper
Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper