NATION

BRIEFLY

Bench warrant issued for Navesi A bench warrant was yesterday issued for a 41-year-old man charged with rape and assault with intent to commit rape. Ravula Navesi failed to attend
12 Jul 2017 12:18
BRIEFLY
court

Bench warrant

issued for Navesi

A bench warrant was yesterday issued for a 41-year-old man charged with rape and assault with intent to commit rape.

Ravula Navesi failed to attend court yesterday.

Legal Aid commission lawyer Talei Kean told the court that she had not received any instruction from Navesi.

Suva High Court judge Justice Riyaaz Hamza said he would issue a bench warrant as Navesi was on bail.

State prosecutor Susan Serukai told the court that the mail book had been filed and she sought a further 14 days to obtain the station diary and cell book.

It is alleged that on January 28 Navesi committed the alleged acts on a 14-year-old boy in Nausori. The case has been adjourned to July 25, for mention. Jessica Savike

Edited by Caroline Ratucadra

 

Bail extended

For rape accused

A 40-year-old man charged with one count each of assault with intent to commit rape and rape had his bail extended by the High Court in Suva yesterday.

The case was called before judge Justice Riyaaz Hamza. Accused, Kemueli Bale told the court that his lawyer was not present at his appearance. In reply, Justice Hamza told him to tell his lawyer about what had transpired in court.

It is alleged that on November 18, 2015, Bale committed the alleged offences on a 18-year-old girl.

Justice Hamza told state prosecutor Susan Serukai, that the case file was placed in a floating list of cases and that whichever judge was available would preside over the case for trial.

The case has been adjourned to July 14, for mention. Jessica Savike

Edited by Caroline Ratucadra

 

Post-mortem: Man

dies from injuries

The post-mortem of the 42-year- old Labasa man who was crushed by a locomotive leading to his death, has been conducted.

Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the results showed that he had died from the injuries sustained from the unfortunate accident

“We have conducted the post-mortem condition and Police investigation continues before we decide the next steps to be taken,” Ms Naisoro said. JOSAIA RALAGO

Edited by Caroline Ratucadra

 

Breach of DVRO, couple still admitted

A couple who were rushed to the Labasa Hospital during the weekend were still admitted. Ms Naisoro said the couple were also under Police guard as investigations continue.

“We have to wait for their medical condition to stabilise before we could question them,” Ms Naisoro said.

 

Edited by Caroline Ratucadra

 


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.


By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.




Five Squares Mad March


Fijisun E-edition
Total
Subscribe-to-Newspaper
Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper