NATION

He Was Very Close To Me And Always Listened To Me, Says Nanny Of 11-Year-Old Electrocution Victim

Fazilat Nisha, 40, who was the nan­ny of the late Rehan Hussein for more than six-years, broke her si­lence when the Fiji Sun team visited the family yesterday. Ms Nisha
25 Feb 2018 17:55
He Was Very Close To Me And Always Listened To Me, Says Nanny Of 11-Year-Old Electrocution Victim
Ritik Raj Singh 14 shows where the late 11-year-old Rehan Hussein is alleged to have been electrocuted in Nakasi on February 23, 2018. Photo: Ronald Kumar

Fazilat Nisha, 40, who was the nan­ny of the late Rehan Hussein for more than six-years, broke her si­lence when the Fiji Sun team visited the family yesterday.

Ms Nisha said it was around 4.30pm on Thursday; Rehan had his tea and ran outside, towards the back of the house.

She said he never used to go outside of the house without her permission but that day, he ran without asking or notify­ing her.

She said when she saw Rehan run out­side, towards the back of the house, she called him to come back inside but he did not listen to her.

“I asked him in a louder voice saying ‘Rehan where are you going? Come back inside the house’,” she said.

“He did not listen to me and ran towards the back. He had seen one of our neigh­bour’s son playing on the rooftop with his soccer ball and wanted to play with him.

“I ran to the front door but by then I heard his voice in grief. I was shocked to hear his voice in that way and I ran outside while my husband, Tauwab Khan, attended to him at the back of the house,” Ms Nisha said.

She alleged that Rehan had tried to climb on the roof while holding the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe which had the electric wires mounted into for the house.

“While we were attending to him, his fa­ther, Mr Hussein came to pick him up.

“Upon reaching the back of the house, we saw Rehan holding the railing and sitting on the ground as he was shocked and could not move. The PVC pipe was broken from the wall of the house and the live wire was then exposed, which Rehan touched while trying to climb to the rooftop.

“His father took him to the hospital along with my husband and another neighbour to get him checked,” Ms Nisha said.

She was in shock when her husband called and informed her of Rehan’s demise and could not believe that he passed away.

“It was heartbreaking for me to hear about his passing because, for the previous six years, Rehan was so close to me and al­ways listened to me.

“He was very friendly and a good boy and loved to play games with my daughter.

“We will miss him,” Ms Nisha said.

Rehan later died at the Bhanabhai Health Centre in Makoi, Nasinu.

Mr Hussein confirmed that the post-mor­tem result handed to them showed that Re­han had touched a high voltage wire and was electrocuted.

 

Fijisun E-edition
Advertise with fijisun
Subscribe-to-Newspaper
Fiji Sun Instagram
Fiji Plus
Subscribe-to-Newspaper
error: