Weather Fiji, Suva   Max 30°C, Min 23°C

Fiji Sun


Bruises And Blood Found On Victim, Detective Tells Court In Evidence

Bruises And Blood Found On Victim, Detective Tells Court In Evidence
May 29
11:32 2018

The detective who examined the lifeless body of Rajeshni Deo Sharma, 34, in her Rewa Street home on November 3, 2009, told the High Court in Suva yesterday that he found bruises on her neck.

State prosecutor Inspector Sakiusa Titoko told Justice Vinsent Perera during the trial that he also found bruise marks on Ms Sharma’s left jaw and blood below her head.

The accused, Imshad Ali, 38, who was in a de facto relationship with Ms Sharma in 2009, is alleged to have murdered her on November 3, 2009.

In his evidence Inspector Titoko mentioned that he also found blood stains below Ms Sharma’s legs and on the rug which she was lying on.

Inspector Titoko testified that at about 2:30pm on November 3, 2009, he was informed by his supervisor Detective Sergeant Petero Loli that there was an alleged murder case in Samabula which they had to attend to.

A three member group including Inspector Titoko then proceeded to the crime scene at Lot 204, Rewa Street, Samabula, Suva. Upon arrival at the scene he noticed Police officers conducting their investigations.

He was then briefed by a senior officer before he conducted a visual examination of the Police cordoned area. After his visual examination of the place, Inspector Titoko said photographs of the crime scene were taken both outside and inside the house, then he went about identifying items which could have contributed to the injuries on Ms Sharma’s body and which eventually led to her death.

Inspector Titoko testified that he found a white coloured electric kettle cord which was on the kitchen sink and a black lady’s hand bag in front of the kitchen door.

He said he also found a black wallet on top of the dining table and a metal chair which had fallen beside the deceased’s body.

Constable Alosio Paulo also testified in court yesterday that he received a call from the accused at around 8:30am on November 3, 2009, that the parents of the students who attended the kindergarten which was run by the deceased said it was locked.

He said the accused had called from Nadi and informed him that he left home for Nadi at around 4am on November 2, 2009.

Defence lawyer Abhay Singh put to Constable Paulo that when he spoke to the accused over the phone that morning, the accused was concerned about his home.

The witness agreed with Mr Singh that the accused had urgently wanted Police assistance to check why his wife was not answering his calls.

The accused is currently remanded. State lawyer Meli Vosawale is prosecuting the case. The trial continues in the High Court in Suva today. Edited by Caroline Ratucadra



Related Articles

you said it
"I support it 200 percent, I am with FRU, the country and the people of Fiji. We want to bid to get one of the HSBC stops in Fiji."
Waisale Serevi
Sevens Legend

Latest Photo Gallery

Fijisun Online @Instagram