My Encounter With Suspects: Guard

Two men are in Police custody for the alleged murder of Ashkan Farsani, who is a New Zealand citizen.
11 May 2019 11:45
My Encounter With Suspects: Guard
Ashkan Farsani.

A security officer who attended to a man who was left outside the Colonial War Memorial Hospital in Suva and died later is having sleepless nights.

Vilikesa Sobalala, 26, said he carried the man to the Accident and Emergency Unit and his hands were covered with blood.

Mr Sobalala, who is a security officer at the hospital, has not slept properly since Wednesday night and gets scared at times because of what he saw.

Two men are in Police custody for the alleged murder of Ashkan Farsani, who is a New Zealand citizen.

Mr Sobalala said the incident happened between 3.15pm and 3.30pm on Wednesday.

Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said Mr Farsani was a businessman involved in the export of agricultural produce.

Ms Naisoro said the Mr Farsani was staying at a hotel in Suva and was identified by a friend.

She said the man was found near the Accident and Emergency Ward with stab wounds and attempts by medical authorities to revive him proved futile.

“The victim was seen being dropped off in a silver-grey Prius, which was later found abandoned at Tacirua, Suva,” Ms Naisoro said.

“The two suspects, who are in their 30s, later surrendered themselves at the Nabua Police Station.”

Ms Naisoro said the two men were still being questioned by Police officers yesterday as investigations continue.

Mr Farsani’s family members are said to have arrived in the country yesterday afternoon.

Mr Sobalala said he signed in at 3.09pm on Wednesday to start work when he saw a car parked some distance from the entrance of the Accident and Emergency Ward.

Vilikesa Sobalala

Vilikesa Sobalala

“The two guys inside put the man outside and were driving away when I stopped them and asked why they left the man there,” he said.

“One of them told me that they found the man somewhere and they just brought him to the hospital. I told them if that was the case then they should have brought him inside.

“I took the driver’s photo and took other details. I carried the man who had stab wounds and was bleeding heavily.

“My hands were covered with blood. The doctors tried to revive the man, but they could not.”

Mr Sobalala said it was something that he had never experienced before and it would haunt him for some time.

Edited by Epineri Vula


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.

By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.

Covid 19 - SPC
Fiji Sun Instagram