Crime & Court

Two In Mead Road ‘Bloody Attack’ Front Court

The two are also alleged to have assaulted two men who were inside the flat.
07 Jan 2021 10:04
Two In Mead Road ‘Bloody Attack’ Front Court
Tevita Badogo (front) and Eroni Bale (last) are being led by Police officers to the Magistrates Court on January 6, 2021. Photo: Shalveen Chand

A High Court date was set by the Magistrates Court in Suva yesterday for two men who allegedly stormed into a flat in Nabua and assaulted two men.

Tevita Badogo, 27, and Eroni Bale, 31, are charged with a count each of damaging property, criminal trespass, grievous harm and an act intended to cause grievous harm.

The two men are alleged to have broken a door and gained entry into a flat in the Nabua Public Rental Board facility on January 3, 2021.

The two are also alleged to have assaulted two men who were inside the flat.

Magistrate Liyanage Vikramasakera told the accused that the fourth count they had been charged with was an indictable offence meaning that it could only be presided over by the High Court.

He said for this reason he was transferring the case to the High Court.

The two were told that they could make their bail application to the High Court.

Police prosecutor Corporal Luke Qerewaqa informed the court that Badogo and Bale had been served with the full phase disclosures.

The two accused opted for Legal Aid representation after their right to legal representation was made known to them.

Badogo and Bale have been further remanded and will appear in the High Court in Suva on January 20.

Edited by Ranoba Baoa

Feedback: shalveen.chand@fijisun.com.fj



Fijisun Ad Space


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.


By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.


Tower Insurance
Advertise here
Covid 19 - SPC
Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper