NEWS

Fire At Naodamu Began From Room: Police

The home belongs to a Mikale Ting and was occupied by a nephew and his family.
05 Apr 2021 10:08
Fire At Naodamu Began From Room: Police
The fire at a home in Naodamu, Labasa on April 2, 2021. Photo: Sampras Anand

Police have confirmed that the fire at a home in Naodamu, Labasa, on Good Friday started from one of rooms in the three-bedroom house.

Police spokesperson Savaira Tabua confirmed this adding that occupants were at a church service during the time of the incident.

The home belongs to a Mikale Ting and was occupied by a nephew and his family.

Mr Ting’s brother, Joseph Setto, who lives next door, said that at a difficult time like this, it would be very difficult to rebuild the property.

The occupants of the house were currently living with Mr Setto.

He said on the day of the incident, he was at his home sleeping when a group of boys came shouting that my brother’s house was on fire.

“I thank the National Fire Authority officers for the quick response to the emergency,” he said.

“I also want to thank the neighbours who initially made the call to report the fire to NFA.”

He said a significant portion of the home was badly damaged.

Edited by Ranoba Baoa

Feedback: sampras.anand@fijisun.com.fj



Five Square diwali dhamaka 2021


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.


By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.


Tower Insurance
FNPF
Covid 19 - SPC
Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper