NEWS

Queen Elizabeth Drive Project To Take 9 Months

Mr Prasad is advising pedestrians to walk in the designated area and is urging motorists to follow the detour in place.
21 Jan 2022 11:54
Queen Elizabeth Drive Project To Take 9 Months
A potion of Queen Elizabeth Drive in Nasese as roads continue to be upgraded on January 20, 2022. Photo: Leon Lord

Upgrading road works from Ratu Sukuna Road to Laucala Bay Road along Queen Elizabeth Drive in Suva will take around nine-months to be completed depending on the weather.

Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) chief executive officer Kamal Prasad said: “We are expecting to finish by the end of this year provided we have favourable weather.”

He said the project involves upgrading works from Ratu Sukuna Road to Laucala Bay Road including the bridge and if the weather is on their side they would be able to place pavements, and would shift to phase two of the project in April.

“The idea is to start phase three from Muanikau to Laucala Bay Road in July. Bridge works are at 60 per cent completion and 40 per cent is remaining on abutment works, decking and preloading.”

Mr Prasad said for area one, from Ratu Sukuna junction to Vuya road junction 70 per cent of the work has been completed. The remaining 30 per cent is on pavement works.

For area two, six per cent work has been done whereby FRA has started with drainage culverts, sewer and water line relocation works.

Mr Prasad is advising pedestrians to walk in the designated area and is urging motorists to follow the detour in place.

Feedbacksheenal.charan@fijisun.com.fj

 

 



Fijisun Ad Space


Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.


By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.


Total Energies
For All Fiji Sun Advertising
Fijisun E-edition
Fiji Sun Instagram
Subscribe-to-Newspaper