What Happened To My Son?

A mother is looking for answers following the news that her son had died on Friday at the CWM Hospital.
24 Sep 2022 21:49
What Happened To My Son?
Kelera Bua laments her son’s life at his home in Toorak, Suva on September 23, 2022. Photo: Josefa Babitu

A mother is looking for answers following the news that her son had died on Friday at the CWM Hospital.

Savenaca Toga was initially found unconscious by Police at around 5am on Wednesday along Renwick Road.

He was rushed to hospital where he was placed on life support.

On Thursday, Police called on the public, on its social media platforms, to help identify “a man who was believed to be a victim of serious assault”.

A photo of his tribal tattoo on his left shoulder was also shared.

The late Mr Toga was later identified by relatives working at the hospital. His mother, Kelera Bua, received the dreaded news of his demise from her home.

The mother and son had initially planned to spend the night the flat before she headed for the West. Big plans At her son’s flat, Ms Bua told of how Mr Toga had big plans to help his family.

“I planned to come and spend the night with him because I missed him,” she cried out.

“When I get money, it comes to his bank account because I don’t have any, and I planned to come and ask for some money.

“He always provides for me when I’m in need, especially here in Suva.”

One of his siblings lives in Lautoka while the other in Labasa.

“He was a miracle and worked so hard to get him to where he is today,” she said.

“I’m still in shock all these years about his work at Digicel.

“He didn’t have a qualification for it.”

Ms Bua said her son had a certificate in catering from the Fiji National University. he said the flat was written under his and her name.

“Everything he was doing was for us – his family. I still can’t believe he is gone,” she said.

Ms Bua said her son had wanted to become a flight attendant.

“He applied the first time and it did not go through because he did not know how to swim very well.

“But I encouraged him to always keep trying.

“I’m trying so hard to accept what has happened.”

He further said Mr Toga was a person who liked to help others in their times of need.

Mr Toga is survived by his parents and two older siblings.

Police spokesperson, Ana Naisoro, said the post-mortem results would determine the next course of action.

Story By:

Got A News Tip

Get updates from the Fiji Sun, handpicked and delivered to your inbox.

By entering your email address you're giving us permission to send you news and offers. You can opt-out at any time.