Abel Camillo remanded over alleged DVRO breach, assault charge

It is alleged that on January 31 in Nadi, he assaulted a relative following a heated argument.

Tuesday 17 February 2026 | 02:30

abel-camillo

Police officers escort Abel Camillo outside the Nadi Magistrate Court.

Waisea Nasokia

Aspiring politician Abel Camillo has been remanded in custody after appearing in the Nadi Magistrates Court today charged with one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

It is alleged that on January 31 in Nadi, he assaulted a relative following a heated argument.

The court heard there was also an alleged breach of a domestic violence restraining order (DVRO).

Mr Camillo waived his right to counsel. Police prosecutor Constable Jeremiah Labalaba objected to bail, saying the accused lives with both complainants.

Mr Camillo told the court his DVRO matter had already been struck out.

“This case will destroy my future,” he said.

Magistrate Mareta Tikoisuva revoked bail and remanded him in custody.

The matter was adjourned to March 3 for mention at the Nadi Magistrates Court.



Explore more on these topics