Bail hearing set for Tabau

Police prosecutor requested additional time to gather more information from police regarding the case.

Saturday 23 May 2026 | 02:30

Dominiko Tabao

Dominiko Tabau outside High Court on May 22, 2026.

Photo: Ronald Kumar

Domoniko Tabau, 40, accused of attempting to murder a police officer on duty at the Laqere checkpoint last month, will have his bail application heard next Thursday.

Police earlier said Tabau was one of three men inside a vehicle that drove into a police roadblock at Laqere, where officers were on duty.

He appeared before Justice Dane Tuiqereqere at the High Court in Suva on Friday where he ordered the police escorting officer to ensure the accused receives medical treatment.

Police prosecutor requested additional time to gather more information from police regarding the case.

Meanwhile, defence lawyer Gavin O’Driscoll told the court that his client has instructed him to submit a bail application.

Tabau is facing three charges - attempted murder, serious assault, and possession of equipment intended for theft or another property-related offence.



Explore more on these topics