$2k Reward For Identification Of Two Men

We are offering this reward because we want these people caught and brought to justice

Wednesday 11 August 2021 | 16:49

JPT Enterprise Pte Ltd Director Mohammed Moutasim Akash outside the burnt office in Lautoka. Photo: Nicolette Chambers

JPT Enterprise Pte Ltd Director Mohammed Moutasim Akash outside the burnt office in Lautoka. Photo: Nicolette Chambers

A $2000 reward has been of­fered to anyone who identi­fies and helps in the arrest of two young men believed to have set fire to a scrap metal company in Lautoka.

JPT Enterprise Pte Limited’s office closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage shows two young men entering the office on July 23.

CCTV footage further showed that the men left just before the fire started at around 4am that same day.

Directors Paul Kim, a Korean na­tional and co-director Mohammed Moutasim Akash, of Bangladesh, said this was not the first time youths were caught on CCTV cam­eras stealing from the yard.

Mr Kim said they could not un­derstand why they had to burn their office.

“We are trying to do business here and have assisted people who live near the Vunato rubbish dump by buying scrap metal from them,” Mr Kim said.

“All our important company doc­uments, receipts, other books, and computers were destroyed in the fire.

“We are offering this reward be­cause we want these people caught and brought to justice.”

Mr Akash claimed metal parts have been stolen in the past and containers ready for export have also be broken into.

“This is not the first time, it has happened numerous times,” Mr Akash said.

CCTV footages have been handed to Police and the National Fire Au­thority.

Police Spokesperson Ana Naisoro said no arrests had been made yet and they were still investigating.

nicolette.chambers@fijisun.com.fj