4 hospitalised after Queen Elizabeth Drive crash
“Four people, believed to be the suspect and occupants of the other car, are still in hospital,” she said.
Thursday 03 April 2025 | 09:01
Accident at Queen Elizabeth Drive on April 2, 2025. Photo: Tiri Vuiyasawa/Facebook
Four people were hospitalised yesterday after two cars collided along Queen Elizabeth Drive.
Witnesses claimed that the driver of one of the vehicles involved in the crash was overtaking another vehicle and driving at high speed, which contributed to the incident.
Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro confirmed that an investigation into the crash had been initiated.
Related stories
“Four people, believed to be the suspect and occupants of the other car, are still in hospital,” she said.
A resident noted that in November last year, more than 100 residents of Nasese signed and submitted a petition to the Fiji Roads Authority, the Land Transport Authority, the Suva City Council, the Fiji Police Force, and the Ministry of Public Works.
“This is why we urgently need road humps and speed cameras along Queen Elizabeth Drive,” the resident said.
“There are just too many accidents along our roads, and residents of QE Drive are so tired of these speeding cars and motorcycles.
“Thank God, there were no pedestrians or cyclists when this happened. We urge the relevant authorities to please treat our request with urgency.”
Feedback: inoke.rabonu@fijisun.com.fj