COMPOL Appointment Process Underway
Mr Rabuka said the commission had started receiving expression of interests from interested parties.
Friday 07 June 2024 | 12:34
The Constitutional Offices Commission has begun work on the appointment process of the new Commissioner of Police.
This was confirmed by COC Chair Sitiveni Rabuka to the media yesterday.
This was after the suspended Commissioner of Police was convicted last month on charges of abuse of office.
Related stories
Qiliho was sentenced to two years imprisonment for the charge.
Mr Rabuka said the commission had started receiving expression of interests from interested parties.
“We set a process in place and we call for applications to come in and they will go through the process,” Mr Rabuka said.
He brushed aside speculations of names of retired senior police officers being already recommended to the President.
“No, he has not been told. I am the Chair of the COC, it should come from me,” he added.
Feedback: inoke.rabonu@fijisun.com.fj