Cuvu Settlers To Apply for Lease Tittles
“Our forefathers established here. We are the fourth generation and my grandchildren may be the sixth. We are glad that we are still alive and that we received our land titles.
Saturday 17 February 2024 | 03:20
From left: Makeretta Kasawaqa, Puspa Wati and her son, Mukesh Chand at Cuvu Settlement in Sigatoka. Photo: Mereleki Nai
Makereta Kasawaqa was happy at the news that she will now get to apply for a land lease title at Cuvu Settlement in Sigatoka.
The 65-year-old is among 105 grateful households of the settlement who will receive their long-waited lease application form tomorrow.
The announcement by the Ministry of Local Government on Monday marks a significant milestone for these households who look forward to greater security and ownership of their homes.
Related stories
Ms Kasawaqa said she had been knocking on doors of government ministries for a title, for many years.
From left: Makeretta Kasawaqa, Puspa Wati and her son, Mukesh Chand at Cuvu Settlement in Sigatoka. Photo: Mereleki Nai
The process
Cuvu Settlement advisory councillor Khaiyum Dean said he was grateful to the FijiFirst Government which started the project.
“Upon registration, applicants will be provided with a copy of their lease form for their reference,” he said.
Application letters will be hand-delivered directly to each household within the Cuvu Settlement from tomorrow.
A ministry representative will guide applicants through the process, answer questions and receive completed forms on-site.
Successful applicants will receive official offer letters in July, marking a pivotal moment in their journey toward securing land ownership.
Feedback: mereleki.nai@fijisun.com.fj
https://poll.app.do/embed/government-ministers-illicit-drugs