Interviews Soon For Four Heads Of Mission Applicants
Mr Nayasi said the team at the ministry was currently shortlisting candidates before they will have to be called in for interviews.
Thursday 11 May 2023 | 16:40
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Acting Permanent Secretary Esala Nayasi says they have closed applications for expressions of interest for Fiji's heads of mission in Beijing, London, New Delhi and Wellington with interviews expected to commence soon.
Mr Nayasi said the team at the ministry was currently shortlisting candidates before they will have to be called in for interviews.
This was part of the recalling of heads of missions that Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka had earlier announced. Jitoko Tikolevu is Fiji's Head of mission in London, Inoke Kubuabola in Wellington, Kamlesh Prakash in New Delhi and Manasa Tagicakibau in Beijing.
Related stories
"We are processing all applications at the moment and you would know of an outcome soon," he said.
"There has not been a timeline set yet on when we would have to know of the outcome of the interviews that will be conducted."
He could not confirm the number of applications that they had received for the four posts. Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka had said that they hoped the new head of missions would promote the policies of the new government.
"It is the normal thing that governments do after elections when there is a change in government, the cabinet or the Prime Minister has to be sure that those he appoints, the Head of Missions will promote the policies of the government," Mr Rabuka said.
The appointment will be subject to confirmation of a clear police record and medical report.
Story by: inoke.rabonu@fijisun.com.fj