Lautoka records $22m growth in assets

This is testament to the leadership of Lautoka’s past administrators, councilors and mayors.

Monday 05 February 2024 | 16:21

Lautoka City Council chief executive officer, Mohammed Khan during the ratepayer’s consultation held at Churchill Park, Lautoka.

Lautoka City Council chief executive officer, Mohammed Khan during the ratepayer’s consultation held at Churchill Park, Lautoka.

Lautoka City boasts a proud record of its assets, which it hopes to develop for future generations.

The Lautoka City Council (LCC) chief executive officer, Mohammed Khan said the Sugar City generated 70 per cent of gross domestic product that contributed to the national economy

“In terms of the financial stance we had in circulation last year, I am proud to say that we have grown from our last evaluation of close to $61million to now standing at $82m,” he said.

“That is the value of our assets that we hold in terms of property, open spaces, and areas invested in by the council to look after.”

This was information Mr Khan shared during a ratepayers consultation at Churchill Park last Friday night.

“It is part of such a strategy that holds an important position within the entire economy of Lautoka.”

LCC shoulders it has to ensure the ability to cater for the demand of services by setting a platform of growth.

Lautoka City Council chief executive officer, Mohammed Khan during the ratepayer’s consultation held at Churchill Park, Lautoka.

Lautoka City Council chief executive officer, Mohammed Khan during the ratepayer’s consultation held at Churchill Park, Lautoka.

“Nasinu is a fast-growing municipality. Their ratepayer numbers are larger than ours. Nadi is right on the shoulder, the hub of the tourism industry,” Mr Khan said.

“They are growing fast and want to extend their boundaries.”

The plan is for the Sugar City to be number one and it wants to be competent through more developments by setting up a platform for growth.

Feedback: mereleki.nai@fijisun.com.fj

https://poll.app.do/embed/government-ministers-illicit-drugs