Man In Court For Sexual Video
A video of the alleged offence was widely shared on social media.
Tuesday 05 October 2021 | 11:35
Kaminieli Raqio appeared at the Lautoka Magistrates Court for his alleged involvement in forcing two youths to perform sexual acts.
Raqio is charged with two counts of wrongful confinement, two counts of sexual assault, one count of trafficking obscene publication and one count of criminal intimidation.
It is alleged that Raqio committed the offences as a means to punish the two for damaging his personal items on September 30, in Lautoka in the Western Division, whereby he and others forcefully took the two victims to an empty shed outside his home and forced them to perform sexual acts.
Related stories
A video of the alleged offence was widely shared on social media.
Corporal Veni Vunaki appeared for the prosecution while Joana Takali represented Raqio
Corporal Vunaki told the court that the prosecution was strongly objecting to bail because the matter was a case of interest, Raqio was a threat to society and that he had pending drug-related matters before the court.
Ms Takali told the court that her client would adhere to strict bail conditions and that she did not have a copy of Raqio’s pending matters.
The court heard that Raqio had three children and was the sole breadwinner for his family and had been in custody since October 1.
Magistrate Hemantha told Ms Takali that she would have to file the respective submissions by this Friday.
The matter has been adjourned to October 6 for the bail ruling and Raqio has been further remanded in custody.