Murder accused fronts high court

For his disclosures and information, State Prosecutor, Zenith Zunaid told the court they needed seven more days to file full disclosures.

Tuesday 01 October 2024 | 08:39

Murder accused Anare Cilicewa outside the Suva court house on September 30, 2024. Photo: Beranadeta Nagatalevu

Murder accused Anare Cilicewa outside the Suva court house on September 30, 2024. Photo: Beranadeta Nagatalevu

The man who is alleged to have murdered a woman at Raiwaqa in Suva last month, appeared for his first call in the High Court in Suva yesterday.

Anare Vuli Cilicewa, 31, appeared before Puisne Judge Justice Pita Bulamainaivalu with one count of murder.

It is alleged that on September 9, in Raiwaqa, Suva, Cilicewa murdered Sabreen Shahib Ali.

During yesterday’s proceeding, Cilicewa told the court he had no legal representation yet, however, he had filled out an application for Legal Aid Commission representation.

For his disclosures and information, State Prosecutor, Zenith Zunaid told the court they needed seven more days to file full disclosures.

Mr Zunaid told the court there was still a need for police to make further investigation, thus, further information would also be served in the next court sitting.

The matter was then adjourned to October 16 to check on Cilicewa’s lawyer and full disclosures.

In the meantime, Cilicewa’s production order was extended.

Before the matter was adjourned, Mr Zunaid informed the court he was going to be in another court for another matter, however, he would give instructions to another prosecutor who would be appearing on his behalf.

Feedback: Beranadeta@fijisun.com.fj