North COVID-19 Patient Hospitalised
Dr Vulibeci has refuted claims made by some who have said that the number of COVID cases in the Northern Division had increased.
Wednesday 07 July 2021 | 15:56
The Labasa hospital entrance had been cordoned off since Monday after a positive COVID patient was brought to the centre for medical reasons. Photo: Sampras Anand.
One of the two COVID-19 patients in Labasa has been admitted to the Labasa Hospital.
Labasa Medical Superintendent Dr Jaoji Vulibeci confirmed that there were only two COVID positive cases in the Northern Division.
Dr Vulibeci has refuted claims made by some who have said that the number of COVID cases in the Northern Division had increased.
Related stories
He said with a patient now being hospitalised there had been a checkpoint at the Labasa Hospital entrance.
He said the patient admitted was a woman from the Malau Quarantine Facility who had contracted the virus.
Mr Vuilbeci did not wish to disclose any further information.
Meanwhile, the Minister for Health and Medical Services Dr Ifereimi Waqainabete encouraged the public in the North and rest of Fiji to get vaccinated to protect themselves and their community with its immunity.
“The vaccination substantially decreases the risk of severe diseases, hospitalisation and death,” he added.