Police Pair Sent On Leave, Rape Probe Starts
Former Dreketi District Advisory councilor Mesake Tabuacori said the alleged incident was “shocking.” Mr Tabuacori said the alleged incident painted a bad image on the Fiji Police Force.
Friday 14 July 2023 | 12:10
Two police officers have been sent on leave and told to return their uniform and police-equipment to allow investigation into an allegation of attempted rape on a fellow officer.
Acting Commissioner of Police Juki Fong Chew confirmed the officers had been sent on leave pending investigations.
The matter was reported at the Seaqaqa Police Station.
Related stories
Former Dreketi District Advisory councilor Mesake Tabuacori said the alleged incident was “shocking.”
Mr Tabuacori said the alleged incident painted a bad image on the Fiji Police Force.
“They should show the example of law abidance of what they preach and conduct themselves in,” he said.
Story by: inoke.rabonu@fijisun.com.fj