Prime Minister Briefed By Disaster Management Team

“I have had briefing from the minister and they did not active any evacuation center,” Mr Rabuka said.

Thursday 12 January 2023 | 16:11

Prime Minister, Sitiveni Rabuka briefing the media on January 12, 2023. Photo: Leon Lord.

Prime Minister, Sitiveni Rabuka briefing the media on January 12, 2023. Photo: Leon Lord.

Prime Minister, Sitiveni Rabuka confirms that he had been briefed by the Minister for Disaster Management, Sakiasi Ditoka about the recent unfavorable weather forecasted by the Fiji Meteorological Service. Mr Rabuka said inspection staff from the relevant ministry is on the ground.

He confirmed the ministry also did not activate any evacuation.

“I have had briefing from the minister and they did not active any evacuation center,” Mr Rabuka said.

“But their ground inspection staff have been out, there was one road partially washed away and those are the ones that were highlighted.”

Mr Rabuka further added that reports of food need were also not received.

“There have been no report of food stuff need, which probably would slowdown any assistance in the form of supplies,” Mr Rabuka.

Story by: jone.salusalu@fijisun.com.fj