Rabuka Silent on DPP's Absence
Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka said it was “beyond my jurisdiction”.
Thursday 27 March 2025 | 11:41
The continuous absence by reinstated Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Christopher Pryde is something the Prime Minister will not comment on.
Speaking to the media yesterday Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka said it was “beyond my jurisdiction”.
It has been more than two months after Mr Pryde was reinstated by the President, Ratu Naiqama Lalabalavu following clearance from a tribunal, Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Christopher Pryde is still yet take up office.
Related stories
Chief Justice and Judicial Services Commission chair Salesi Temo had earlier confirmed to this masthead that he would call a meeting to resolve his continuous absence.
Mr Pryde has delayed his return to Fiji twice, once when the new set of allegations were raised by the senior management of the ODPP and twice when he was awaiting reassurance from the JSC of the new set of allegations made against him.
Feedback: inoke.rabonu@fijisun.com.fj