Statement after Investigation: Prasad

-

Saturday 10 March 2018 | 10:00

National Federation Party leader, Biman Prasad.

National Federation Party leader, Biman Prasad.

National Federation Party (NFP) leader Biman Prasad has confirmed that they will release a statement on the allegations reported by the Fiji Sun against NFP Member of Parliament (MP), Parmod Chand.

“People are still investigating the issue, once the investigation is complete then we will release a state­ment,” Mr Prasad said.

ALLEGATION:

The Fiji Sun reported that three concerned Fijians have spoken out against comments allegedly made by Mr Chand at a campaign meeting in Vunivutu, some 45 kilometres out of Labasa Town during the cane harvesting season last year.

The three said they were at the meeting which was attended by about 40 people as part of Mr Chand’s general election campaign.

The three have given statements on record that Mr Chand, during a campaign meeting allegedly said: “Fiji has taken a lot of money from Iran and Iraq and that Fiji will be taken over by those countries and Fiji will become a Muslim State.

“FijiFirst Government is a ‘Musalman’ (Muslim) and ‘Mandraji’ (South Indian) party.

“That Prime Minister Bainimarama had the keys to the Republic of Fiji Military Forces armoury in 2000 and people should question where George Speight got guns from, implying that Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama backed Speight in the coup of 2000.

“And that if FijiFirst is voted in again, there will be another coup and this time the target will be Hindus who voted for PM Bainimarama.”

Mr Chand went to Labasa straight after the Parlia­ment sitting yesterday.

Edited by Mohammed Zulfikar

Feedback: selita.bolanavanua@fijisun.com.fj