Stop Order Still In Place For Nausori Highlands Death Suspects
The crime scene investigators team were again at the scene in Nausori Highlands and with the help of villagers they descended the cliff and searched nearby areas.
Sunday 01 September 2019 | 14:28
Family and friends turned up in numbers to farewell the five family members who were found dead in the Nausori Highlands on Monday August 26, 2019. Photo: Waisea Nasokia
A stop order is still in place for the two people Police say are suspects in the Nausori Highland case where the five bodies of a Legalega family were discovered on Monday morning.
This was again confirmed last night by Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro.
She was responding to comments from a family member of the suspects who spoke to the Fiji Sun on their behalf.
Related stories
“Our investigating team still have their documents and the stop order remains,” Ms Naisoro said.
The family member, who wished to remain anonymous, said they (suspects) were expecting the Police Forensics team to return their travelling documents last evening. The family member also said both the suspects did not want to speak to the media, but directed all queries to their lawyer.
He said the suspects’ reputation had been tarnished by media reports.
The bodies of Nirmal Kumar, 63, and Usha Kumar, 54, their daughter Nileshni Kumar, 34, and granddaughters, Sana, 11, and Samarah, 8, were found at a site close to where Police are conducting their investigations.
Ms Naisoro said investigations were still underway.
“The crime scene investigators team were again at the scene in Nausori Highlands and with the help of villagers they descended the cliff and searched nearby areas,” she said.
Edited by Percy Kean
Feedback: waisean@fijisun.com.fj