Brawl video shot before appointment
COC to discuss disciplinary action against Corrections Acting Commissioner.
Wednesday 14 May 2025 | 09:00
Updated 04 August 2025 | 22:56 FJT
Screenshot of the brawl at the Pub Fiji involving the Fiji Corrections Service Acting Commissioner Sevuloni Naucukidi.
The video showing Fiji Corrections Service Acting Commissioner Sevuloni Naucukidi involved in a brawl at a Suva pub, was filmed before his appointment to the position.
This was confirmed by Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka yesterday.
“The update has come from the minister and also from the alleged offender. He’s explained his position and the date of the video was identified. It was before he was appointed,” Mr Rabuka said.
Related stories
“So, all of these matters will be brought up at the next Constitutional Offices Commission meeting, where we will discuss the actions that need to be taken against him.”
The video, which surfaced on Facebook earlier this month, quickly went viral, prompting public criticism and calls for accountability within the FCS.
Addressing questions about the attire Mr Naucukidi was wearing in the video, specifically a yellow bula shirt with an FCS badge, Mr Rabuka clarified that it was not an official uniform.
“No it’s not a uniform. It’s a mufti,” he said.
“It’s only when you’re wearing it that you should be mindful that you’re wearing a badge. I should not discredit this badge by behaving unjustly or unruly behavior when I’m wearing this badge.”
Feedback: inoke.rabonu@fijisun.com.fj