Come prepared, former champ warns

The main bout sees former Fiji heavyweight champion James ‘The Beast’ Singh taking on hard hitting Sainivalati Ratu of Navosa.

Monday 18 May 2026 | 00:30

Filise Nabua.

Filise Nabua.

Former Fiji welterweight and super welterweight boxing champion Jese Ravudi has called on challenger Filise Nabua to come prepared for Saturday’s fight at Lawaqa Park, Sigatoka.

The six-round middleweight fight is one of the main undercards of the Bluewater Boxing Promotions.

Nabua has been challenging Ravudi from last year. Last November, he suffered a 6th round TKO (technical knockout) loss to Rohit Chauhan of India.

“I hope Filise Nabua has learnt his lesson from his last fight,” Ravudi said.

“When he has been calling me out, Nabua must make sure that he is ready and have the guts to go through the six rounds with me.”

A trim-looking Ravudi has been training with the Vatuvua Boxing Club.

Nabua said he is ready to show Ravudi what he’s made of.

“Last year when I challenged him, Jese Ravudi said I must get more fights before fighting him. Now we’ve signed the contract and now it’s time to show him that. It’s not going to be an easy for him.”

The main bout sees former Fiji heavyweight champion James ‘The Beast’ Singh taking on hard hitting Sainivalati Ratu of Navosa.

The other added attraction is the return of Mikaele Ravalaca who takes on Kaliova Tahikia of Butterfly Boxing Club in a welterweight clash while New Zealand’s Naden Keanu faces Navosa’s Jonacani Kavika in a heavyweight thriller.



Explore more on these topics