TikToker to take plea in High Court on March 6

Vuiberata faces online harm, intimidation and bail‑breach charges over alleged comments about Minister Tabuya.

Friday 20 February 2026 | 04:30

TikToker Lui Vuiberata.

TikToker Lui Vuiberata.

Photo: Laiseana Nasiga

TikToker Lui Vuiberata, who is charged with making derogatory comments on TikTok about Minister for Information Lynda Tabuya, will take his plea on March 6.

Vuiberata, also known by his TikTok name “XKON”, appeared before Justice Daniel Goundar today.

He is charged with one count of causing harm by posting electronic communication, one count of criminal intimidation, and one count of indecently insulting or annoying a person.

He also faces three additional charges for allegedly breaching his bail conditions. It is alleged he failed to surrender his travel documents, failed to deactivate his social media accounts, and continued posting on the same account.

The court questioned the State on why the matter had been transferred to the High Court.

State prosecutor Tevita Neimila submitted that, under Section 24(3) of the Online Safety Act 2018, the High Court has jurisdiction to hear the matter.

Neimila told the court that the accused, who lives with his de facto partner and their children, had admitted in his caution interview to breaching bail and had apologised to Police. He also informed the court that Vuiberata is under investigation in relation to another similar matter.

The prosecutor said the maximum penalty for the offence is a $20,000 fine or imprisonment of up to 10 years.

Defence lawyer Eroni Navuda told the court his client had misplaced his passport, and that this had already been communicated to the Magistrates Court.

Navuda said the passport was later recovered after an extensive Police search. Vuiberata remains in remand until his next court date.





Explore more on these topics