No Word On Fiji 7s Winger Alosio Naduva's U.S Visa

Fiji Rugby Union chief executive officer John O’Connor said they had applied for the player’s visa well prior to the Hamilton 7s and despite Naduva being allowed to travel last year to the US, there has been no outcome to his visa application.

Friday 22 February 2019 | 15:14

For the second time Fiji Airways Fijian 7s winger Alosio Naduva’s visa has been delayed by the USA Embassy, for reasons not known.

Naduva, a soldier by profession is the current HSBC World Sevens Series top try scorer who faced similar situation last year where he had to join the team on the first day of the USA 7s.

However, he had no problems with his visa application during the Sevens Rugby World Cup in San Francisco, last July.

Fiji Rugby Union chief executive officer John O’Connor said they had applied for the player’s visa well prior to the Hamilton 7s and despite Naduva being allowed to travel last year to the US, there has been no outcome to his visa application.

“We are still hopeful that he will receive feedback to his visa application at the earliest to allow him to join the team as required by World Rugby and USA Rugby to field our strongest possible team,” O’Connor said.

In case Naduva’s visa application is delayed, Uluiyata Batisavu is on standby.

Feedback: leonec@fijisun.com.fj