ONI KIRWIN FAILS AGAIN
After a lapse of a number of years controversial agitator Oni Kirwin is back.
This time on social media trying to stir up her Matuku people to question the Tui Matuku title.
Related stories
But she has failed again.
The last time she tried something here was in 2014-15 when she campaigned for a Christian state. She was at the centre of a rebel movement in Ra and Sigatoka.
A number of people were convicted of sedition and jailed.
Matuku chief Roko Alipate Baleilakeba said then they did not support (Oni) Kirwin’s idea of the formation of Christian States in Fiji.
The seven villages of Matuku – Yaroi, Natokalau, Qalikarua, Levukaidaku, Makadru, Raviravi and Lomati, he said, supported Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama-led FijiFirst Government.
That position was reaffirmed last week when village elders in Suva addressed the women during the Matuku Day at Sukhu Park in Raiwasa. The “Oni buzz” started from the women who were told to stop all discussions on the Tui Matuku title because everything was okay.
A GOOD SAMARITAN
What was Yadrana man Anare Jale of Lakeba, Lau doing at the Matuku Day sheds last week at Sukhu Park in Raiwasa, Suva?
BTL gathered that the SODELPA vice-president and election candidate donated $500 to the Matuku fundraiser. They called him the Good Samaritan.
One Matuku man was heard saying: “We will remember him, come November 14.”
‘KILLED’ BY THE
RECORDS
A father of four from Nadogo, Saqani, Cakaudrove had travelled to Suva to get his three children’s birth certificates.
But he got a shock when he discovered that his middle child, an eight-year-old girl, was supposed to be dead.
Her birth certificate was marked deceased in big bold letters.
He needed the birth certificates to register them in the iTaukei geneology record, Vola ni Kawa Bula (VKB).
Full scale investigations have started to find out how the mistake was made before a new birth certificate is issued with the removal